Health and Safety Superintendent – Underground Hardrock
Cormac Consulting are working with a mining client that is in search for a Health & Safety Superintendent for their hardrock underground mine based on the east coast at a beautiful residential location.
This opportunity is for an experienced HS mining person who will be responsible for a small team’s delivery of advice, planning, support and training of Health and Safety activities to the underground operation and including all surface activities. The role will also drive continuous improvement and effectively integrate health and safety activities with the day to day operations.
- Responsible for delivery of advice, planning, support and training of Health and Safety activities to the entire operation
- Lead and mentor a small Health & Safety team
- Implement Occupational Health & Safety policies systems and procedures
- Ensure HS operations work to the appropriate standard, systems, processes, and critical controls for HS material risks
- Risk assessments to identify suitable controls for that work, and follow-up verification for control effectiveness.
- Leading continuous improvement concepts and prevention
- Maintain site procedure and standards
- Ensure the regulatory requirements in relation to Workplace Health and Safety are met
- Drive continuous improvement and effectively integrate health and safety activities with the day to day operations
- Develop HSE strategy
- Drive the incident management and investigation processes to maintain their high standards
- Tertiary qualification in safety or related field
- Recently experience as a Senior HS Advisor or HS Superintendent
- 5+ years’ experience in an underground hardrock environment within health and safety
- Underground hardrock mining industry experience within health and safety is essential
If you want to be home each night and live in one of the best residential mining location on the east coast, please contact Tim on 0404 637 196 or email your resume to email@example.com for a confidential discussion.